Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

This week I am celebrating my birthday! I am so fortunate to be able to celebrate this special day with some of my wonderful and amazing friends & family. This week I am celebrating by making one if my favorite drinks and dishes. Simple but delicious greyhounds and tacos! For those not familiar with a greyhound it is a classic cocktail served on the rocks, a blend of grapefruit juice and vodka. I spritz things up a bit by occasionally adding a tad bit of fresca for carbonation. What is your favorite birthday dish? Tell us all about it in the comments below! 

Enjoy! 


Tacos 
Ingredients: 

6-10 flour or corn tortillas 
2 cups shredded lettuce 
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup diced tomato 
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 chopped cilantro
1 lb. ground beef 
1-2 tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp coriander 
1/2 tsp Oregono 
1 tsp. garlic powder 
1 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper 


In a large skillet brown ground beef, when beef begins to brown sprinkle all spices/herbs evenly over meat and stir together. Finish cooking, drain fat and set aside. 

Take tortilla and add desired ingredients. Some other good toppings include your favorite hot sauce, sour cream, beans, avocado, salsa,etc. the possibilities are endless! 

Greyhound
Ingredients:
2 oz. vodka
6 oz. grapefruit juice
Ice

Fill cocktail glass with ice, pour in vodka, pour grapefruit juice in, mix well and enjoy!
If your looking to spritz it up a bit try adding a dash of Fresca for a smidge of carbonation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment