Thursday, July 5, 2012

Futurama's Bender Beer Pancakes




My mom made beer pancakes for breakfast once when I was a kid and since then I have been hooked. ( Don't worry, the beer cooks out! ) I am missing her a lot today so here's to you mom, I love you and miss you more than you know...Enjoy! 


Ingredients:
1 cup  flour ( Sifted, all-purpose ) 
1/4 cup sugar ( White, coconut, raw, or whatever you prefer. ) 
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
1 egg, beaten
1 cup beer ( I like to use a simple full flavor Budweiser ) 
2 tablespoons butter, melted


In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the egg, beer, syrup, and melted butter; whisk just until blended ( A few lumps are alright ) 


Heat your griddle or skillet over medium heat (for electric griddles  350 degrees)  


Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot surface for each pancake. When bubbles appear  around the edge of the pancake and don't fill back up with batter flip and cook until browned on the other side.


Best served with a side of Pepper Bacon and a nice warm campfire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment