Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chipotle Lime Yogurt Sauce


      
“I opened-up a yogurt, underneath the lid it said, "Please try again." because they were having a contest that I was unaware of. I thought maybe I opened the yogurt wrong. ...Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me... "Come on Mitchell, don't give up!" An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top.” - Mitch Hedberg 


I know what your thinking " Yogurt Sauce? No way! I'll stick to the sour cream, thank you." But trust me when I say this is worth at least trying. Now truth be told I didn't come up with recipe because I am really chic or new agey. I simply came up with this recipe because I was broke at the time and ran out of sour cream. But my roommate had a big tub of all natural plain yogurt. Thank goodness for awesome roommates who always seem to manage to save the day! Since that day I find myself making this recipe all the time! It is the perfect compliment to chili, tacos, nachos, chorizo and eggs, juevos rancheros, etc. Pretty much any tex-mex or hispanic dish! This sauce is easy and quick to make but more than anything it is so delicious! I usually am not a fan of yogurt in general but this recipe has me keeping a tub in the fridge all the time... Enjoy! 


Ingredients: 
1 cup Plain Yogurt ( You will want to use an all natural one for this sauce, trust me! ) 
1/2 lime juiced
1 tbsp. chipotle hot sauce
2 tsp. Cilantro 
Dash of sea salt


Mix all ingredients together and serve! 


** Important!** 
The sea salt is very important to this sauce. It cuts back the tangy flavor that yogurt puts out. 


Do you have a favorite yogurt sauce? Share it with us in the comment section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment