Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fluffy Buttery Biscuits



“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”
“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point... Have another biscuit, sorry." - Eddie Izzard


I personally am not a big biscuit fan ( However, I am a huge Eddie Izzard fan! ^^ )  I find them to be too dry, too crumbly, and often too bland for me. But being a firm believer that with the right recipe everything can be delicious, I set it out to make the perfect biscuit recipe. After many many failed attempts I believe I have finally created the perfect biscuit recipe! This biscuit is moist, airy, and buttery. These magical biscuits will leave you wondering if you can special order your cloud in heaven to be made out of these biscuits!.. Enjoy!




Ingredients:


1/3 Cup Shortening ( Butter Flavored )
1 1/3 Cup All- Purpose Flour plus extra for spatula and board
2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Milk
Cooking Spray


Pre-Heat Oven to 450


In mixing bowl cut shortening into flour, baking powder, and salt using a fork or pastry blender.
Pour Milk into mix, stir gently with wooden spoon until dough is gooey.
With a soft rubber spatula, gently scrape sides of bowl while dipping the spautula into flour to prevent sticking.
When the sides are clean of dough, pat flour on top of the dough ball and turn onto a floured surface.
** Caution this is a very gooey and sticky dough!**
Gently press dough out until it is about 2 inches thick.
Cut and bake on a greased pan about 30 minutes.


What is that one recipe you are determined to master? Tell us about it in the comment section and maybe we can help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment